Maintenance Technician - First and Second Shift
Full Job Description
Tri-City Extrusion, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum Extrusions for Commercial and Industrial markets. We have a two job openings for first shift and one for second shift.
Repairs and maintains the production and facility equipment. Must have excellent diagnostic ability and repair skills in a variety of fields such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics and welding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Safety – safe work practices and procedures, and keeping a clean work environment at all times
- Monitors all equipment to ensure reliability
- Repairs, installs, adjusts, modifies, and services all types of production equipment and plant systems
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Maintains open communication with production personnel
- Provides support to other maintenance technicians as needed
- Identifies and reports opportunities for improvement of PM’s and spare parts controls
- Works within an environment focused on the reduction of unplanned downtime
- Perform daily/ weekly/ monthly PM’s on equipment as required
- Documents spare parts usage
- Able to work on off shifts and weekends with little supervision
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Comprehension– Understanding part inventory cycle counts
Organization – Able to plan and prioritize work
Documentation - Attention to detail and strong documentation and data recording abilities
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Establishes and maintains relationships
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma / high school equivalency or appropriate combination of education, training, skills and experience Minimum of 1year industrial maintenance
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply concepts of basic math. Attain the grade of 70 or greater on established math test.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. Responsible for understanding, comprehending and implementing company procedures.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatics in a maintenance capacity
- Good mechanical skills.
- Experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs based on results.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, including general housekeeping of the work area after completion of the repair. Assists with general housekeeping of the maintenance department
- Basic computer skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Employee must have the ability to perform the majority of the work while standing 100% of the time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. Employee must be able to perform work while in restricted/confined areas.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $32.00 per hour
- 2 years
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
- Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location